Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Grace


Lately I have been enjoying reading a book "What's so Amazing about Grace?" by Philip Yancey. I read the book in Korean a long time ago but I have surprised how different it is in English. Also, I have been amazed how Philip Yancey wrote so lively in expression in every single words he used. I wish I can have that talent! However, I have to keep my dictionary nearby because there are tons of words which I do not know. He certainly used many colorful and unusual vocabularies. Even though it has taken more than easy books to finish reading even for one chapter, I really have enjoyed reading it every day.


The book has been leading me in deep thoughts that I have been struggling to find "answer" lately. I truly agree many many ways in this book, and it has made me many times of crying while I am reading the book. I was longing for answers for how I can be the best but the most humble person, how I can be sensitive to the Holy Spirit, but not judgemental? How can I be compassionate like Jesus, but not spoiling people. How can I be hopeful in Him but not too dreamy? And how can our lives are so unfair?
I have known the answer for the last question but I have keep forgetting about it. Unfairness comes from comparison. Every complaint I have got so far is from feeling unfair which is from somewhat comparison. I had to confess my impudentness to the Lord when I was reading about the ownership of Grace. If I start talking about fairness, I must have misunderstood what the life I have got right now. I did not get fairness but grace! Why am I forgetting so often about it? I don't have a right to complain about what God does with other people because I already got "His Grace".
I haven't finished reading this book yet but I will try to read carefully and think deeply how amazing about God's grace page by page.

No comments: