Monday, February 2, 2009

Welcome February!


I love February even though I actually love every month. When I was in young age, February meant "preparation for the new semester". In Korea, the school semester begins from March like September in the State. We had a long winter break from a middle of December to beginning of February, and had another break one week after until March 1st. March 2nd is still the first day of any school. So, during the break right before March, we went to department stores to get new note books, pencils, backpacks and so on. The weather is still bitter in February but we can smell coming of Spring once in a while in the air, and pile of snow started melting with sunshine in February. My hearts used to be pounding for exciting for the coming month and season. After I got married to my husband and had my second child, Joanne, February came to me differently. Both of their birthdays are in this month as a day apart. Also, we usually settle down in February fever after Holiday and a New year. Most of all, Lent usually starts in February. It is not exciting to starting "Lent" itself but somehow, I enjoy being in Lenten. I usually kneel more often, and read more the word. Even though it is not easy to joining to the journey of Christ, it gives me extraordinary peace and strength.

In Roman calendar, February was the last month of the calendar and was from "purification" festival. I don't know in details what they did for purification but I want to purify more in this month to walk with Jesus for the journey every day.

No comments: