Wednesday, February 4, 2009

In Memory of My Dad


Today is my dad's memorial day. He passed away six years ago. I can't believe that how long it has been. I can't express how much I miss him. I could not be with him when he left to heaven. In Korean custom, it is one of impiety ways to parents that a child misses the moment when parents pass away. Unfortunately, I was one of them. I could go earlier to see him in Korea but he told me on the phone not to come yet two days before he left. I was worried and even changed my ticket to Tuesday from Thursday, however, he passed away on Monday. Somehow, I believe that he did not want me to see him leaving. However, I regretted for a long time that I should have gone earlier to say bye to him. I could not mourn loudly enough at that time because of my young children. However, whenever I misses him, I could not stop crying still. I was very blessed to have both wonderful mom and dad. Even though my dad never liked me to study music, he was the closest, and best friend. I miss his laughter most and endless talking. I learned a lot from him how to live and enjoy "life" ;even a taste of one small cheese, one moment of fresh wind, smell of green grass, looking after people's pain and so on. I miss his wisdom and deep observation for people's lives. I do need them most right now.

On the other hand, it was a miracle that he became a christian. He had so much knowledge and questions about the bible and God that many people doubted that he would accept Jesus. However, he did accept Jesus as his Savior. Even though it took more than 15 years of waiting and praying, the faithful God answered our prayers. I am sure my dad is enjoying where he is now. Aren't you dad?

No comments: