Saturday, January 28, 2012

Late Happy New Year!

I am very sorry to my viewers that I haven't been able to update my blog in 2012. I have written several drafts but could not finish always. Please forgive me. However, I wish you all Happy New Year!!Praying that your new year is filled with God's blessings!
As you notice, I have been writing each week on my church blog to update anthems and music. That is my excuse. :) I will try to be more diligent writing at my blog.
I recently have started using my calendar more efficiently after I had a training about "Time management" among our church staff. Even though I knew how important it is to use time wisely, the training gave me detailed ideas to apply into my real life. So, I have been following the methods and it has been so far so good! We give five or six priorities goal of our lives; such as God, family, work, ministry, etc. And make schedule along with a big blocks such as scheduled appointments like meetings. I used to use three schedule books; one for work, one for family, the other one for myself. It did not work! So, I used one in my outlook calendar and write into my one big schedule book to carry around. Well... I know many of you already have a phone with those cool stuff to use but I don't. Anyway, it has been working well for me. I notice that when I see my schedule even one hour of "reading for resource", I start reading it no matter what. So, I did put one hour each morning of "writing my dissertation" since last Wednesday! And I have been writing whether it gives one page or less. Therefore, I even make schedule for "doing laundries, cooking dinner" in a certain block of hours. It helps me not only useing my time wisely and efficiently but also leading productive. I love it so much now.
Yes, this is a time to write to my blog that is why I could stop doing face book and started writing it. :) Don't worry that I do not get stressed when I do not follow them. Beyond all, it certainly has been helping me to manage myself. I strongly want to recommend!
God gives us same 24 hours each day to everyone. However, we use so differently. Sometimes, we just waste them without knowing it. I think that the unknowing time is the key to manage. I am glad that I don't have a cable TV service. If I do, I must have been spending majority of unknown, un-planned time to be in front of TV. I don't oppose people who have the service, but I just am grateful that I don't. When I watched closely myself how I use unplanned time, I caught that I spent several hours watching, reading, or responding to Facebook consistently. So, I give a 30 min during lunch hour to check the FB. It helps me more productive!!
We often say how fast time goes by and regret how we should have used it. Now, I decided that instead of doing the regret, I will manage myself to follow the plan that leads to be productive.
God is above all in time or space as we all know. However, I believe that we have our will to be productive or not. I pray that I do keep praying and using time wisely without wasting. It is also stewardship for sure.

2 comments:

.........Bill......... said...

Yoon, As always I enjoy reading what your blog. In retirement here on the farm I find that my schedule is more in relationship to the changing faces of the seasons instead of the liturgical calendar. Big change!

dawnp said...

Enjoyed you're blog, I'm glad having a schedule is working for you, especially if it makes your life less stressful and more productive. I know I am very guilty of wasting time doing nothing or doing things that are not worthwhile. Maybe a schedule would help me, at least then I wouldn't have any excuses for wondering where the time went.