Monday, June 30, 2008

What is your name meaning?




My dad made my name. If you know Korean tradition, we like to keep one of letters in the first name among siblings. We commonly use Chinese letters carefully for good meaning. For example, my brother's name is Yoonsuk, my cousins names are Yoongu, Yoonho, Yoonhyung, Yoonwoo, Yoonsang. I am the only girl in my dad's family as my generation. So, he kept Yoon and added Kyung. Yoon means bright, and shines. Kyung (the letter my dad picked) means capital. so, if you see China's capital name in Chinese, Pei-jing, the jing is same character as my "kyung". It is very unusual to use the letter in a girl's name too. So, my total name means "Shining capital". My dad told me that 'capitals usually are chosen as centered in everything. So, I want you to be a center, the bright and shiny capital among people.' Unfortunately, few people can pronounce correctly my full first name. So, I decided to use only the first letter "Yoon" in easy way. I like my name even though it is hard to be pronounced. Dad, I will try to do my best like my name!! I miss you daddy!

No comments: