Monday, June 30, 2008

After a week from Lake Junaluska



(The upper picture is a picture of one of loads toward the retreat center of my home church, the lower one is my home church main building. There are eight buildings total)
I wasn't excited or down but I couldn't explain a condition of my heart while I was in Lake Junaluska last week. I am the one who enjoy the nature, people, and of course food. However, beyond the enjoyment, I felt something different in my heart. I was amazed with lots of words which was used in the worship services. Especially, I loved the word "ponder". I already knew what the word meant. However, the word refreshed me to have "pondering heart for the Lord". Also, I remembered how I was pondering always about the Lord when I was a teenager. I used to go to the summer retreat in "Youngnak Dongsan" which is a retreat center of my home church. We had to walk an hour to get there from the bus stop. It was on the top of mountain and there were particular birds sang at nights. I remembered the sound and smell of the place. I couldn't sleep most of times at the retreat and prayed all night. I don't remember what I prayed so hard but my heart was just pondering. I wish I could have the heart again. I wish my youth have similar heart toward the Lord.

1 comment:

.........Bill......... said...

I always enjoy reading about your "home country" experiences. They are renewing. Thanks for sharing them with us.