Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Frozen Amaryllis


What a beautiful Spring! The weather has been gorgeous lately. The trees have new leaves and the grass turned green again like a magic. It amazes me that nature is always faithful whether the previous winter was harshly cold or not. I have had a pot of amaryllis for several years. It blooms regardless if we were in Bloomington, IN or in Richmond Hill. However, I totally forgot to put the pot insede during this last bitter winter. It seemed totally dried and frozen dead when I found it last month. I felt guilty that I neglected it. After we came back from our spring break trip to Indiana, Joanne screamed out loud "Mom! Mom! come here!"Guess what happened! Three amaryllis flowers were already blooming beautifully. I could not believe how it survived.

I had felt so much shame that one day I threw the pot away into the trash cane, and neglected it. However, it was right under a sunny spot. God took care of it no matter what- with sun and rain!

I have learned several things through this frozen amaryllis. First, even though we neglect things around us, God will still faithfully take care of things. Second, sometimes, we think things are hopeless when we are only observing what we can see on the outside, but there is always growing life and hope deep in the roots where we can't even spot. All is in His hand. I have been so comforted through this little frozen amaryllis. God is faithful and He is our keeper for sure. Let's praise our faithful Lord!

1 comment:

.........Bill......... said...

I read several of your recent postings tonight and simply want to say "Thank you for sharing both your heart and your jouney of faith."