Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My car, Grace


Since 1997 we have had used cars. I had a serious car accident by avoiding a giant deer on a high way, flipped twice and half, and our first new car was totalled. Right after the accident, we got 1988 Pontiac Bonneville. Even though it did not have any air condition, we used it for almost five years. We named her "Grace" because it was old but gracefully running well. Also, at that time, the economy in Korea was dropped badly, the dollar currency went up to triple. Fortunately, we did not have to pay the car payment which might have been painful. It was true His Grace even though I had side effects from the accident for more than six months. Right before my Joanne was born, we felt that we needed a reliable car and found my car, 1996 Ford Taurus in Chicago. We got her in Dec. 2001. We named her again "Grace" that we were hoping that the car runs long and well. While we have had Grace, Jason got another old car, named little foot, for himself. My Grace died this Monday. I knew that she was fading lately. I kept telling Grace to hold on until Jason gets a real job then we can buy a new car. However, she stopped. Thankfully, she did not stop at the big four way stop in the middle of now where instead stopped at right in front of my church so, we could push her to the church parking lot easily. I am sure that God led me through to be in a safe place and sent people to help me out. As thinking back those years, I have felt God's grace and faithfulness. Although it is not a good time to buy a new car with our financial situation, God has led us faithfully in His grace. I could not see still how I am going get another car right away, but I am not worried because of His faithfulness. He never ignore my prayers even a small one. Some people say about prayer but don't believe it. However, I do believe that He listens our prayers and answers. My girls and I decided already what to name next our car. Of course, "Grace" again. His grace never run out. His grace overflows always within our lives. Let's enjoy His grace!

No comments: