Monday, July 6, 2009

Priority




A simbol of the retreat center at Lake Junaluska might be the cross on the hill. You can't miss it not seeing the one unless you only look down floor all the time. It is made on the hill toward the lake and mountains and it is decorated with many lights so you can see during the night too. I had moment to think about that cross related to my life. First of all, I thought about which way should be the first considering the cross; vertical line or paralle line? As we know, cross represents the redemption, salvation by Jesus Christ. He restored our relationship between God and people, as well as among people. However, it is very important to think about our priority to accept and live under the cross. If our priority leans on the relationship among people, it might leadto the byroad a lot. Some people calls "liberal" but I do not want to call it as "liberal". I can call it as hearts centered to people. For example, we love our neighbors first like ourselves. It sounds really loving and right but if we do love first our neighbors, we can not continue love them like ourselves. You know why? because we can not love without God's love within our hearts. Some people believe themselves that they can love that much but it has limitation truly. Nevertheless, if we give priority to the relationship with God first, it leads us the truth and right way. In the gospel, Jesus told us to love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength as the most important commandment. And then love our neighbors. It can be applied to the music ministry too. If I prepare well for only comforting, pleasing people or hearing from people saying " great music" with our music at the church, it is wrong addressed. It should be prepared to glorify God and pleasing Him. Then, God gives His joy through the music to people more than we can make. I know that God sees the heart of people. He sees our deep centered heart. I sometimes get afraid of being in front of people on Sunday because I know that God sees my heart. It is so easy to forget and ignore what is in the center of our heart when we worship Him. I have prayed that God gives me His truthfulness into my heart to serve Him right way.

No comments: