Tuesday, June 1, 2010

addiction


Last Sunday, I and my girls made a rule for making Sunday more Holy and focused by not using any technologies such as computer, TV, I-Pod, or DS for a day, Sunday.

When I had a moment of a daily devoition on last Sunday morning, the thought just occured to me, and I shared with the girls.

I have found that my girls stay with either computer or I-Pod for long period of time at home lately as well as my husband, and myself. Bad parts of spending time with the machines is losing time to connect to someone else. The machines occupy people's mind and time.

Last Sunday was not easy for me especially to survive without those machines especially. The girls went to their friends house for sleep over, and my husband went to his church retreat. I was by myself for whole day and night. Interesting thing was I spent more hours of reading, napping, and cleaning than usual. Of course, my mind was clearer than anytime.

I think we become addicted to these technologies without conscious. If we stick to them, it means we can't stick to the others. After spending a day without them, I have tried to moniter my daily life how much I spend with the machines. I know, I am using it right now too.

Let's focus and connected to the Lord more! and try hard to listen to His voice! Let's make effort! It is worthy really to at least try it.

No comments: