Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Do you believe in Jesus?

I had a chance to attend revival services over the last weekend at a Korean Church in Savannah. There were five times services with three hour long each time from Friday night to Sunday night. A main focus was about the evangelism why and how we need to spread the Gospel. The speaker also focused on “seeking God’s kingdom and His righteousness”. I was fully challenged and encouraged with the speaker’s messages. One of suggestions about how to spread the Gospel got my attention. It was a simple phrase “do you believe in Jesus?” to find out whether they are Christians or not when we try to spread the Gospel. I asked the question to myself. “Do you believe in Jesus, Yoon?” of course, I said “Yes”. And after I heard a sermon at the second service on last Sunday, I asked further questions based on “believing in Jesus” to myself. If I believe in Jesus that He redeemed me with His precious blood on the cross, do I believe in Jesus that He answers our prayer every single one? I said “yes” to myself that I do believe in Jesus and believe that He answers our every single prayer especially when I seek His kingdom and righteousness. Then why not I pray more? It is just so simple. Why not? If we say that we believe in Jesus, then why not we pray? Isn’t it so simple?
So, I would like to invite to you all for our prayer time in the sanctuary. I know that you pray at home but it will be more powerful when we get together in one Spirit. We will meet at 11:00 on Thursday morning at the sanctuary. I know some of you who want to come but have to go to work, please join us with in the Spirit in that hour. We will just simply pray and seek His Kingdom and righteousness. You might say “prayer is not enough”. Then I would like to ask “what can be enough?” and “have you prayed enough?” Also, it is written “my house will be a house of prayer” in the bible.
God is the living God whether we want to believe the truth only when we want or not. I can’t wait to see how God answers our prayer! Let’s get together to seek His Kingdom!!
'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' (Jeremiah 33:3)

No comments: