Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Am I distracted?


I was stressed out about today's worship service with the bishop's hour at our church. There was no format to follow but just worship for a half hour and I need to lead. I could not decide which songs we need lift up and have been praying for a guidance of the Holy Spirit for several days. Also, I helped to clean up the church yesterday because our custodian was sick with a flu. I dragged the heavy vacuum in the sanctuary, and here and there. I was happy to serve no complaining but still stressed out that I need to decide how to lead the service while I was cleaning. Amazingly, at this morning in my quiet time with the Word, God gave me exactly what I need to hear with Luke 10:38-42. I was again becoming Martha. As I shared in this blog before about my personality being Martha in many circumstances. It occurred again. :) Jesus told Martha "Martha, Martha, you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." It sounded to me as "Yoon, Yoon, you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed." Even though I have been praying a lot lately, I do worry and stressed out about things which I do not need to. Although I have been focus clearly more lately than before, I still miss to choose one thing which is the most important matter in a circumstance. I am just so thankful that God reminded me this morning with His word and praying that may the Lord help me to open my heart to be sensitive to His Spirit in every moment to follow with right choice. What is the most important matter right now?

No comments: