Sunday, April 26, 2009

Being Responsible

When I grew up in my home town church choir from my 6th grade, I have learned about being responsible. Even though I was not a soloist or anything, I hardly missed rehearsals and Sunday service. Especially, my home was an hour away from the church and I had to take a bus by myself to go to the church. In Korea, children can do it if you know where you are going. On Sunday, I had to leave to the church at 6:5o in the morning to get there on time for a rehearsal too. I was happy to do that.
I know, I can't insist to everyone in my choir to follow like me in here especially in different country. We all are different. I do not have problem with that reason but I have been thinking that we are somehow too much being excused especially for commitment to the Lord. The conclusion of excuses always end that God is love. He will understand. I know, He does. However, I do not think He likes that attitude.
After Easter, my chancel choir members have got loosen somehow. Also, three youth handbell made unusual excuse and did not show up when their performance day. If you think about those attitude in professional world, it is even not acceptable to talk about it. I know, I know we are volunteer group. That is why being responsible is the most valuable fact. It is all from willingness of our hearts toward the Lord. That willingness has power.
I am not sure how I can insist, teach, or guide people to be committed church musicians. I have prayed for them but it seems not enough.
If we love the Lord deeply, our priority will be for Him for sure. I need some wisdom from the Lord.

No comments: