Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Power of Prayer


Someone shared with me that prayer is a breath to live as a child of God. If we don't take a breath, we must have died no matter what. However, we do not realize with "prayer". Like God's word could be our food, prayer is the most important one to be alive. If we don't pray and still alive, we are not alive really. I have thought about why we don't pray even though we know prayer is essential. First of all, I can blame "Spiritual warfare". It is true. All kinds of things make us not to pray, especially, comfortable life style. My mom always tells me that comfortable, convenient life would kill people. It leads people not to worry and not to pray. I could tell you that my mom did not have much "comfortable life" throughout but she has been a warrior who won the battles all the time. She does not miss to attend the dawn services early morning throughout the years. I remembered that she said "praise the Lord! He blesses us to pray more!" when we had the most difficult time in our family. She never been down. The economy has become the most fearful monster lately in the world. On the other hand, we can translate with my mom's version as "it is time to pray". If we are only worried about the economy and not to pray about it, it could be more fearful. We know the King of kings is our Jesus! Then, we just simply pray to Him. What can we do more?

Let's get up from in front of TV news! but kneel down and lift our worries to the King. He is the King. You know that.

No comments: