Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Countless blessings


I truly can't count blessings from the Lord. Especially, He has led me to meet so many good people through my life. First of all, I have loving, mature, and faithful parents. Also, loving husband. There are so many friends even I couldn't list names because they are so many. God especially has blesses me to have wonderful mentors and teachers throughout my life at Indiana University. One of them passed away unexpectedly last Sunday night. Dr. Thomas Dunn. (a man at right side of the picture)
He was a great musician, maestro, teacher, mentor, and warm hearted friend. I met him when I was in the first year of master's degree as a conducting student. I was a singer, and voice student for more than 12 years, so I didn't have much knowledge of choral literature even though I conducted and sang at the choirs. I remembered the first day of choral literature seminar class. I could not understand what Dr. Dunn was saying. I cried at the second floor corner in the music library almost every day. I finally brought a tape recorder to record his class and dictated what he thought. Later on, I found out there were many many funny jokes which I didn't even smiles at because I couldn't understand at that time.
Even though he became ill and used wheel chair, he came out for every single my dress rehearsals and concerts and even in my farewell party at night.
I have felt so bad that I did not contact him after I moved down. So, I decided to go for his memorial service during this weekend. It will be not easy for many people because of my absence but I think I will regret if I don't go there at least to show my respect and love to him.
In old people say in Korea, "do your best and show and express your love whoever with you". I agree with it. We don't know when God calls us home. I will tell more often to people around me how much I love them. I love you all so much!! I am blessed because of you all.

No comments: