Monday, September 15, 2008

My dad.

I miss my dad and mom deeply lately. I haven't seen my mom for more than two years. She came often to help me out with my girls when they were little after my dad passed away. However, the previous visit was bitter for her. She got seriously ill and the doctors diagnosed her wrong and almost killed her. I don't blame her to be afraid of coming here to see us.
I grew up as only daughter even though I have my older brother. I think I was pretty spoiled because my mom even fed me until I got married. She cooked, cleaned, and took care of me like a child. In Korea, we live with our parents until we get married. It is common really. However, I didn't cook or help my mom everyday. I was just a loved girl at home. I loved to being with my parents so, I came home quickly after the school even during the college years. I was totally a daddy's girl. My dad loved to talk. He had enormous stories to share with me and my mom always. We talked and talked a lot. Whenever I talked, he laughed always. I don't know what made him laugh but he laughed a lot to me. I could see those laughs from my husband toward my girls now. We held hands a lot too. My dad had the most smooth hands ever as a man. He was a scholar so, he didn't do much work at outside. No...he never worked outside as I remembered. He usually wrote books, read, or prepared lectures. Or..watching dramas with tears. He had also the most sweet heart. He cried a lot with other people's pain. I remembered that my mom never cried because of drama from TV but my dad always. My parents were best friends each other. They always got up early and talked. Whenever we went on vacation, they walked very early morning with holding hands and talked endlessly. I could understand how much my mom misses my dad as a company. I have felt very blessed to have good parents who had deep and opened mind and insight. They let me dream unlimited. Oh... how much I miss them. I see my dad sometimes in my dream. He was sick for more than ten years last period of his life but I could tell that he loved this world so much. He enjoyed every single tree, flower, green grass, sky, a sip of wine with tasty bread, and life of variety people. I wish he still lives in the earth with me. I know that he must have been very proud of me right now. However, I am very thankful that I had my dad. I miss his laughs so much today.

No comments: