Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Vacation


Have you gone to vacation lately? I haven't.

I think that one of reasons that I have been having my body symptoms is from lack of rest. When I was in college, I used to go at least twice a year to the ocean area. My loving dad bought a time share for me to use it. He knew how much I loved ocean and taking a trip there for several days. I do remember that I sometimes went by myself, just sitting at the beach, hearing waves and watching people. The trip usually gave me pretty good refreshment and energy somehow.

I love nature: ocean, trees, mountains, water falls, beautiful valleys, sky, and so on. I have thought about when I had a vacation or restful trip in any nature. Well... when we lived near ocean, we often visited beaches to have some fun time with my girls. However, I hardly remember when we went to somewhere else then. We went to Disney World several times but it was not exactly a vacation: it was more labor!

I wish that we can go to some quite place surrounded by good nature like Banff Lake Louise. I don't know why I love the place. I never been there but only have seen pictures. It looks really refreshing and cool. Somehow, it gives "heavenly" feeling too with harmony of water and mountains. So, I downloaded a beautiful wall photo of Lake Louise in my computer at work, imagining that I am right at the scene at least.

I was wondering how Jesus took his vacation in his time. I don't think that he took any vacation. He did not have time for that. He just kept healing, teaching, and helping the needy. I was wondering if he lives in the world now how he does things.

I noticed myself that I feel guilty sometimes enjoying restful time or thinking about some restful time myself. I think it is very important that I need to take one seriously to move on to jump further. I should enjoy and use the time fully and freely without guilty feeling. I pray that God gives me a chance to visit Banff and Lake Louise with my family, just sitting near the lake doing nothing but enjoying the view and hearing the nature. I could smell the lake and mountain truly.

No comments: