Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Advent is Here!


Time really flies faster in this year than any other year for me. The advent is here already! My precious advent cactus just has started blooming on last Saturday night. It is just amazing how the plant knows when it is time to bloom! As I read Rev. Bill's blog last year about the advent cactus, I also felt that God showed His faithfulness through this little plant to let us know about Him. By the way, I have kept Rev. Bill's advent cactus at my home now. Unfortunately, while we moved it got sick a little bit, so all the buds were fell off but it still is alive! The one which is blooming now given two years ago from one of handbell choir members at RHUMC. Thanks Terri!


As I was amazed observing the cactus, I remembered how often I forget about the season. Even though physically I am there at the season and do so many things to fulfill the season at the church, I easily miss the real meaning of the season: waiting patiently with well prepared heart. I even often forget whom I do work for this hard.


I just can't resist not adoring this little cactus which even was not centered in our attention but faithfully bloom to announce that it is time to humble ourselves to prepare our hearts for Jesus.


I have asked myself "what do I have prepared for Jesus?" I could easily say "my heart" but it is too old to use it. I want to prepare to give a whole me this year although I am not pretty, or unusually great. But just like this cactus, I will do my best to lift up myself to the Lord to reflect Him completely through me.


As I learned the word, compunction, I need to have some time for compunction so the Lord accept me as who I am.

1 comment:

.........Bill......... said...

Glad to know the Advent Cactus made the journey to Virginia. Blessings on you and your family during this holy season.