Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lenten Sketches

Tomorrow, our church choir will do our Lenten Cantata called " The Lenten Sketches" by Joseph Martin. The cantata is consisted of six movements with Jesus' last week of His earthly life. The music is not difficult but beautifully composed with good text. I love the last movement called "Pieta". It describes how Mary holds Jesus after His death as a mother with a baby, and sings a lullaby. It brings me tears every moment. Mary was a mom even though she knew Jesus was a Son of God. She nursed, and raised him as a mom. Jesus was the Son of God but totally a human. He was also a child of Mary. I thought that it does not match with the Holy week with too much human emotion at first time but became loving them with honesty emotion. I am not sure how people will response to the Cantata tomorrow night. But I have been praying that God will send people who need to reconcile with Him as a children of our Father. This cantata is my third one in Richmond Hill UMC. I can't believe how fast the time went by. I have hoped that this musical worship service has been glorifying God and sharing His grace and love to people. As I pray, may the Lord shines upon His love and grace throughout this Holy week especially tomorrow night through the special worship service. Lord, please receive our offering of hearts and love!

No comments: