Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Learning from having a dog


I have learned a lot how God, our heavenly Father, would feel since I have my two girls. I have more felt His hearts toward His children as a parent truly more.
I also have been learning how stubborn and dumb I am through my dog, Angie's behavior lately.
Angie knows that she will choke badly if she drags herself the end of the leash but she keeps doing it. Also, she knows that she will be in a big trouble if she eats bad things, but she eats anyway.
I hope I am wise and disciplined so I can stop when God tells me to stop. Honestly, I can hear Him most of times saying "Yoon, stop it! it is not helping you at all.'' I do anyway and regret. How dumb I am!
Well.... Beyond all these, there are Grace and Mercy from the Father. That is why I am still alive.

1 comment:

dawnp said...

There is much we can learn by watching the animals we have as our companions, they certainly seem to reflect in many ways our own behavor. You are not alone for sure. I can't tell you how many times I've "choked" myself because I refuse to listen to God. I heven't walked with Christ long enough to know if it gets any easier, but I would dare to say that would depend on me. They (who is "they" by the way, does anyone know?)say misery loves company, but I am tired of my self induced misery. I have found that when I follow God's leading I am much happier. That is not to say that life is easier, but I know that when I'm walking in the Lord I am sorrounded by his mercy and grace and that alone fills me with undescribable joy!