Sunday, November 22, 2009

Love covers


Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. (1 Peter 4:8)

After a long period of time with 1 Corinthian 13, this verse from 1 Peter has been recited in my heart all day long. I have been praying to ask God what He wants me to do and there have been answers with general acts such as "praying or reading the Holy bible" or specific actions such as giving a certain book to someone, or calling a friend and so on. Beyond all those answers, God has been strongly telling to me one thing is "Love others deeply!" I am not sure exactly how love covers a multitude of sins. But, I do know that Jesus did it on the cross for us.

I can't love like Jesus does by myself but Jesus promised me that He will be with me until the end. It means that He will lead and help me to love others with His heart. What can I say more than obey? Even though there are a number of people who make my heart aches, I will pray and love them anyway because He tells me to.

No comments: